Thursday, August 03, 2023

My friend Aggie

Introducing my lovely friend Aggie, a fish crow. 

She likes to play “keep away” with sticks. 
She sometimes shares stuff with me - half a dead hornet, a quartz pebble, a yellow tulip poplar leaf, an acorn. Then she wants them back.
Cracks me up. 

Aggie is a sweet, energetic, funny, bright, and social creature. 

She’s a rescue crow who lives in a quite large well-kept enclosure behind the Long Branch Nature Center, near my house. 
I visit her almost every day. 
I am learning to speak a bit of crow. 
Aggie doesn’t seem interested in learning English. I get it.


2 comments:

Suzanne Probst said...

This is so cool. Crows are amazingly intelligent. I’m sure Aggie looks forward to your visits! Looking forward to hearing more about your new friend.

Lloyd said...

Thanks! Aggie is a lovely friend, a treasure to interact with. All best- Ø