Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Thanking the military veterans in my family

Thank you to all who have served in our armed forces. Our freedoms are in debt to your sacrifices. Pictured are my father Eric Wolf, a tech sergeant in the Signal Corps during WWII, and my mother's father, my grandfather Henry Intrator on his horse "Ranger", who served in the US Army Field Artillery before and during WWI. Both were loyal patriotic immigrants whose lives enhanced the greatness of our nation.





Also, My father's father, Josef Wolf, was a gunnery sergeant in the Austro-Hungarian Army during WWI. His entire unit was captured by the Russians in the Siege of Przemysl, Poland. They became POW's and were sent to Vladivostok, Siberia. Due to the outbreak of the Russian Revolution and the chaos that ensued, they were not able to return home to Europe until two years after WWI ended. He came to America as a refugee with his wife Emilie and my father Eric in March 1937, fleeing the persecutions of Hitler's fascist regime.





No comments: